Subramanya Shasti or Skanda Shasti
Lord Subramanya Swamy is considered to be the universal Lord who blesses human beings and helps them get rid of their sins. The natives who are suffering from financial crisis, delay in marriages and those who are prone to frequent accidents are advised to offer prayers to Lord Subramanya Swamy on this auspicious day by performing abhishekam to Lord Subramanya Swamy.
Shasti Vratam or Upvaas is an important fast dedicated to Lord Muruga or Kartikeya. There are two Shastis in a Hindu lunar month. One Shasthi after Amavasya and another after Purnima (Pournami). The Shasti coming after Amavasya (new moon night) is the one meant for fasting. In simple terms, the Shasti coming during the increasing or growing phase of the moon. Lord Muruga is also known as Subramanian or Skanda or Kanda.
2. Purpose & Advantage:
- To resolve any problem related to Mars, especially Mangala dosha or Kuja dosha.
- For benefiting people who are having difficulty conceiving.
- To overcome problems during pregnancy.
- To blesses with good health and prosperity.
- To overcome fears of all forms and remove negative vibrations.